Fish Oils (PRN)
Omega-3s are clinically proven to improve dry eyes.
Physician Recommended Nutriceuticals (PRN) sell Dry Eye Omega Benefits, a dietary supplement of fish oils, that can drastically improve your dry eye symptoms. PRN's Omega-3 supplements are easier to digest than over the counter supplements, and do not come with a fishy aftertaste. You may not see improvement for about 60-90 days, but the Omega-3s are working inside your body before you notice the outward result.
RESTASIS® and RESTASIS MultiDose® drops help increase your eyes’ natural ability to produce tears, which makes it a top treatment for dry eye.
Do not use RESTASIS® and RESTASIS MultiDose® Ophthalmic Emulsion if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Be careful not to touch the container tip to your eye or other surfaces, to help avoid eye injury and contamination. RESTASIS® and RESTASIS MultiDose® should not be used while wearing contact lenses. If contact lenses are worn, they should be removed prior to use of RESTASIS® and RESTASIS MultiDose® and may be reinserted after 15 minutes. Learn more about Eye emergencies.
The most common side effect is a temporary burning sensation. Other side effects include eye redness, discharge, watery eyes, eye pain, foreign body sensation, itching, stinging, and blurred vision.
Xiidra® (lifitegrast ophthalmic solution) 5% is a prescription eye drop used to treat the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease. *Note: Do not use Xiidra if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Seek medical care immediately if you get any symptoms of an allergic reaction.
5 Facts About Xiidra
- Use Xiidra twice per day: Use one drop of Xiidra in each eye, two times a day, about 12 hours apart.
- Wear contact lenses?: Take ’em out before using Xiidra and wait at least 15 minutes before popping them back in.
- Single-dose containers: Each Xiidra container has enough medicine to treat both of your eyes once. So you’ll be using two containers each day, about 12 hours apart.
- Scrub those hands: To avoid contamination, wash your hands first & don’t let the tip of the container touch your eye or any surface.
- Have bad aim?: It’s ok! Each container has some extra solution in case you miss. Throw it out when you’re done – don’t save it.